Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Before you know it you’ll be spending long periods out in the sun. While everyone needs Vitamin D getting a sunburn is never a good thing. Here’s what you need to know when selecting and using sunscreen.
- For prolonged outdoor activity (4+ hours of sun exposure), choose a sunscreen that offers a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher.
- Choose a sunscreen effective against both ultraviolet-A and ultraviolet-B (UVA and UVB) light, typically identified as a “broad-spectrum” sunscreen.
- Be aware that an SPF number only indicates a sunscreen’s effectiveness against UVB rays (the UV light that can burn skin). So far no rating system exists for UVA rays (which cause skin to age and wrinkle). To shield your skin from both UVA and UVB rays, look for sunscreen ingredients that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has identified as providing broad-spectrum UV protection.
- Apply sunscreen generously (for adult bodies, use 1 ounce per application; enough to fill a shot glass). Spreading too thin a layer likely means your skin will not get the sunscreen’s intended protection.
- Shade and protective clothing are other methods skin-care professional recommend for shielding skin from UV light.
We’ve Combined Organic MSM & Ayurvedic Restorative Herbs For The Perfect Repair Creams
The Revitaleze line of natural ingredient skin repair creams are a patented combination of Organic MSM, Ayurvedic restorative herbs and vital nutrients with anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Like nothing you’ve ever tried before these formulations represent the best of ancient medicine and modern science
Two Unique Formulations
Revitaleze Repair Cream is an Intensive nutrient rich & ultra hydrating support for the face or any area of damage or irritation. 100% naturally nutritive herbal & mineral ingredients generously enriched with an optimal balance of pure moisturizing oils to soften and refine. Scientifically proven benefits of our ingredients include: cell regeneration, anti-inflammation, scar reduction, anti-aging, antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. Excellent for aging skin and troubled skin of all types including psoriasis, eczema and rosacea.
Revitaleze Ultra Repair Body Cream provides All over nutritive support for regeneration of cells to effect cosmetic correction to the skin surface without using synthetic chemicals – only naturally nutritive herbal & mineral ingredients in a light yet hydrating, easily absorbed bio-available cream containing micro-nutritional substances and vitamins. Also excellent for use on irregular pigmentation, age spots, scars, blemishes and hormonal imbalanced skin.
Why you may experience dryness around your nose and the corner of your eyes… and what to do about it!
Sometimes in the process of renewing your skin, as you wipe away dead cells and get down to fresher, newer more vibrant skin, you can experience what feels like a dryness around your eyes and nose. While this may seem like a bad thing, it’s actually not. In fact what has happened is that because you’ve successfully exfoliated away dead, flaky skin your skin is now more exposed to the elements. Those same dead cells that dull your skin also act as an odd sort of protective insulation. Winter temperatures, lack of humidity and the thinner” skin barrier allow for your skin to feel drier.
Because you are down to the “baby’s skin” – beautiful fresh skin that needs a little more TLC, you need to take a little more care of your skin. Cut back on cleansers and increase your use of moisturizers. By increasing your usage of moisturizers you’ll better protect your skin against the harsh winter temperatures.
Holiday travel presents some challenges for your skin -Dry airplane cabin air can dehydrate your skin and going from one climate to another can dramatically change the environmental exposure. With everything else that is going on, you don’t want to worry about how to keep looking your best! So here are some easy tips:
1. Be sure to stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and avoid salty foods.
2. Make sure you are using a moisturizer such as NuGlow Daytime Moisturizer. If you normally use a moisturizer only at bedtime, try using it in the morning under your make-up as well for extra protection. In addition, on longer flights, moisturize before and during the flight and so your final make-up before landing (or leaving the airport). It’s a double bonus – your skin will be hydrated and your make-up will be fresh when you get to your destination.
3. Add a deep penetrating serum such as NuGlow Copper Peptide Serum with MD3 Copper as a first layer to give additional antioxidants and age-defying ingredients in a quick absorbing moisture surge and then add a layer of moisturizer to seal it in.
4. Static Guard – always a life saver in extra dry weather to keep your clothes cling-free!
5. Be sure to schedule a little extra time for yourself – an extra hour of sleep, a quiet cup of tea, a walk in the fall leaves – it helps keep stress down and you will feel and look relaxed!
How to apply eye cream for the best effect:
Using your ring finger, gently pat eye cream around the bone area of your eye (don’t get product in your eye).
Gently blend it in using a small circular motion. This helps improve circulation and helps rid dark circles.
How to apply your serum for the best effect:
Serums are aqueous based products, full of skin nourishing actives that are the first layer of your personal regimen.
- Pump out a small amount of serum in the palm of your hand with your fingertips apply to your face and neck with a sweeping motion, concentrating on areas of concern.
- For sensitive skin, if you are a “hot water washer” or if you are using NuGlow Brightening Serum – wait 10-20 minutes after cleansing to allow pores to normalize before serum application.
A word about cleansing your skin:
Some people love the feel of HOT water on their skin when they wash. Very hot water can be harsh on your skin and can cause your capillaries to become more noticeable. We recommend cleansing with warm water. A washcloth is a wonderful exfoliator – a little rub helps remove flaking skin – just remember to be gentle! Remember, facial sponges are particularly susceptible to bacteria and germs, so repeat use may not be a good idea.
Each season brings its own unique set of skin problems and concerns, doesn’t it. Now that the weather is hot, our skin needs as much if not more careful pampering than it did in the winter – at least, of a different kind!
When the weather is cold, many people worry about their skin drying out. Of course, with NuGlow, we don’t have to worry about that.
When the weather is hot, many people worry about their skin becoming oily. With NuGlow, naturally, we don’t have to worry about that, either.
Adult acne? NuGlow can take care of that. Dry skin? NuGlow can take care of that, too. Ditto skin blotches, rashes, and discoloration. Small scars? NuGlow will smooth many of those out, too.
Do I seem like a NuGlow enthusiast? Perhaps, convinced that NuGlow is some kind of miracle-working wonder? Well, there’s a reason for that.
I believe it is.
NuGlow is having another contest, and the prize is our 5-piece Skincare kit! This is such an awesome prize; you’ll be seriously torn between keeping it for yourself and giving it to your Mom.
It’s easy to enter our contest, too. All you have to do is Tweet this sentence, finishing it, of course: “I want to win a @nuglow skincare kit for Mother’s Day because _____. http://goo.gl/iTjMS”
You’ve got until Saturday, May 14 to enter, and the NuGlow people will choose the winner. You can enter every day, which increases your chances. You can enter even if you’ve won one of our previous contests, in fact. Are you listening, AKA Monty?
If your Tweet is chosen, NuGlow will send you their fantastic 5-piece Skincare Kit, and you’ll love it so much you won’t BELIEVE it.
Enter right now! Tell your friends!
Tweet it! “I want to win a @nuglow skincare kit for Mother’s Day because ____________ . http://goo.gl/iTjMS” You might just win it!
I knew NuGlow did a fantastic job at evening out my skin tones, and hydrating, and nurturing my skin with MD3 copper peptides. I knew NuGlow had already improved my skin so much, people have been asking me what kind of makeup I’m using now – and I’m not using any makeup most days.
However, I had no idea of the immense power NuGlow had, even with all of the above proof, until I got hit in the face with a clump of poison ivy last Thursday afternoon.
I am so allergic to poison ivy that even when the cats bring in the resin on their fur, and I don’t even actually touch the plant itself, I get the rash so badly I’ve had to go to the emergency room several times. Every year, once I’m exposed, I have to go to my doctor and get a poison ivy shot.
Thursday afternoon, poison ivy TOUCHED MY FACE. The lawn mower sprayed it on me, and even though I ran into the house and took a shower right away, I could feel my skin starting to react to the poisonous resin.
Today – Monday morning – the patches are gone.
This is the first time in my entire life that exposure to poison ivy and the appearance of the rash were wiped clean and gone without a shot in the emergency room.
I genuinely believe that it was the NuGlow copper peptides and their nurturing and cleansing of my skin, not just on the surface but from underneath up, that did away with the poisonous resin.
I’m a bigger NuGlow fan with each passing day.